The Board of Management will establish, in accordance with the constitution, a Building and Works Committee within the club: This committee will have responsibility for managing and coordinating any building changes/works as required, and for ensuring the ongoing safety of the clubrooms.
The Club President will chair the Building Works Committee.
In accordance with the constitution, the President and Secretary are ex-officio members of all committees. Either or both can/should be called upon to assist with decision-making if required.
The Building and Works Committee must:
- Seek and obtain all necessary council and/or government approvals for any works to be undertaken that require same.
- Ensure all building works and/or maintenance is approved by the Board of Management.
- Ensure all building works and/or maintenance is correctly undertaken.
- Ensure all necessary building regulations are followed and adhered to.
- Promptly pass all invoices to the Treasurer for payment.
- Report any matter of interest or concern to the Board as soon as it becomes apparent.
- Obtain Board of Management approval for decisions that change/set club policy.
The Building and Works Committee should:
- Conduct regular building inspections to identify/remediate areas of concern or risk.
- Seek the advice of experts (both within and external to the club) as required to ensure the building’s integrity and safety is maintained.
- Liaise with the Greens and Gardens Committee as required.
- Meet regularly to ensure plans continue to align with changing circumstances.
- Keep minutes of meetings held to determine club policy or direction.
In terms of administration, this committee must:
- Request assistance/action to be taken by the Board or Secretary in writing.
- Provide reports and/or advice to the Board of Management in writing (electronic or paper).
- Provide the Secretary with a copy of minutes, if kept, as soon as practicable.
- Provide the Secretary with copies (or originals) of incoming and outgoing correspondence as soon as practicable.