M1. Bowls Member
(1) Bowls Members will be accepted as a member in accordance with By-Law M6.
(2) Bowls Members will enjoy the full privileges of the club, including:
- Holding any office
- Voting on any matter or election
- Playing the game of Indoor Bias Bowls
- Playing in social Club bowls events
- Playing in Club Championships subject to By-Law M18
- Playing in Pennant competitions subject to By-Law M18
M2. Junior Member
(1) Junior Members will be accepted as a member in accordance with By-Law M6.
(2) Any person under the age of 18 at the time of application may become a Junior Member of the club.
(3) Junior applicants under 14 years of age must also have a parent or guardian apply to become a member of the Club.
(4) A Junior Member will enjoy the same privileges as Bowls Members but will not:
- be eligible to vote on any matter
- hold any office.
M3. Community Member
(1) Community Members will be accepted as a member in accordance with By-Law M6.
(2) Community Members will have access to the club house when it is open.
(3) Community Members will not:
- vote on any matter or election
- make use of the green.
(4) Community Members may play the game of Indoor Bias Bowls.
(5) The Board of Management may appoint a Community Member to a position not on the Board of Management that they are ideally qualified to undertake.
M4. Life Member
(1) Any member who has rendered special services to the Club may be elected a Life Member of the Club.
(2) Nominations for Life Membership must be made in writing to the Board of Management.
(3) To be put to the Annual General Meeting per sub-rule (4), the nomination must receive the unanimous recommendation of the Board of Management.
(4) Not more than one election of a Life Member will be made in any one year.
(5) A member will be appointed a Life Member on receiving the votes of at least 75% of the members present at any Annual or Special General Meeting.
(6) Life Members will enjoy the same privileges as Bowls Members (By-Law M1 above).
(7) A Life Member will not pay the annual subscription but is not relieved of any other financial obligation to the club such as the BTS affiliation fee.
(1) Members will be allowed to introduce visitors to the Club, subject to such regulations as the Board of Management will from time to time determine.
(2) No person will be introduced as a visitor who has been expelled from membership of a bowls club or whose conduct or presence on the Club’s premises will be considered objectionable or prejudicial to the interests of the Club.
(3) After three visits to the club, the visitor must join the club as a Community Member in order to continue to enjoy the hospitality of the club.
M6. Applications for Membership
(1) An application for membership must be posted on the Club’s notice board for at least 14 days before the application can be considered by the Board of Management.
(2) During this period, members of the club may make written representation to the Board of Management about the application for membership.
(3) The decision of the Board of Management to accept or reject an application for membership will be made after due consideration of any representations received from members and the decision will be final.
(4) The Board of Management may not accept or reject an application for membership during the consideration period above.
(5) Any person whose application for membership is rejected will not again be nominated for a period of at least six months from the date of the rejection.
M7. Change in circumstances
(1) Every member will advise the Secretary of the following contact details:
- postal address
- email address
- phone number(s)
- emergency contact(s)
(2) Every member will advise the secretary of any changes to their contact details as soon as possible.
(3) The details provided at By-Law M7(1) will be considered the nominated address for the delivery of notices/advice per the Constitution.
M8. Change in Class of Membership
(1) Any member may apply to the Board of Management to change their class of membership.
(2) If additional subscriptions are due, the change in class of membership does not take effect until the subscription shortfall is paid.
(3) If a proportional refund of subscriptions is warranted by the change of membership, the Board of Management will decide the amount of refund due.
(4) On acceptance of the change in class, the new class of the member will be recorded in the member register.
(1) The annual subscription is for the club’s financial year of 1 May to 30 April.
(2) The amount of the annual subscription will be determined by the Board of Management and recommended to the members for approval at the Annual General Meeting.
(3) A transferring person will not be deemed a member of the club until their subscription has been paid.
(4) The BTS affiliation fee does not form part of the annual subscription.
M10. Existing members
(1) Members may pay the annual subscription as set for the preceding year if they pay it before the date set for the Annual General Meeting.
(2) Subscriptions will be due and payable within 30 days following the date of the Annual General Meeting.
(3) If a member fails to pay their subscription within 60 days from the date when it becomes due, they will cease to have access to the Club until their subscription in paid in full.
(4) A member may in the case of hardship, apply to the Board of Management in writing to pay their subscription in instalments as determined by the Board. However, the full subscription will be paid by the first day of October in the membership year.
M11. New Bowls Members
(1) The annual subscription for new members of the Club who apply for Bowls membership as an affiliated member will be 50% of the annual subscription fee for the first year.
(2) If a newly accepted Bowls Member fails to pay their subscription within 30 days, the offer of membership will be void unless they can justify the delay to the satisfaction of the Board of Management.
M12. New Junior Members
(1) Subscriptions for new members applying for Junior Membership will be zero dollars for the first year but the junior member must pay the BTS affiliation fee.
(2) If a newly elected Junior Member fails to pay the BTS affiliation fee within 30 days, the offer of membership will be void unless they can justify the delay to the satisfaction of the Board of Management.
M13. Transferring Bowlers
(1) If a past member applies to re-join the club, and requires a clearance to do so, they are not eligible for the New Bowls Member discount described in By-Law M11.
(2) Their subscription will be due and payable within 30 days of the date of approval to re-join the club.
M14. Returning Bowlers
(1) If a past member applies to re-join the club, and they do not require a clearance to do so, they may be eligible for the New Bowls Member discount described in By-Law M11.
(2) The returning bowler should apply in writing to the Board of Management for the discount.
(3) Their subscription, discounted or not, will be due and payable within 30 days of the date of approval to join the club.
M15. Proportional subscriptions
(1) Proportional subscriptions are only available for Bowls Members.
(2) If a person joins as an affiliated Bowls Member after the first day of October, their subscription will be 10% of the annual subscription fee multiplied by the number of full months remaining in the financial year
(3) If the person is eligible for the New Bowls Member discount, the calculation made at By-Law M15(2) will be halved.
M16. BTS affiliation fees
(1) Bowls, Life and Junior members must pay the BTS affiliation fee to be eligible to play:
- Club Championships singles
- BTS Pennant Competition
- Regional, State or Federal level matches
(2) Members are not eligible to play in competitions listed at By-Law M16(1) until they have been registered with Bowls Tasmania South.
(3) Members who pay the BTS affiliation fee will be known as affiliated members.