The Board of Management will establish, in accordance with the constitution, a Grants and Sponsorship Committee within the club: This committee will have responsibility for managing and obtaining grants and sponsorship for the club.
The Assistant Secretary or Honorary Treasurer, as appointed by the Board of Management, will chair the Grants and Sponsorship Committee.
In accordance with the constitution, the President and Secretary are ex-officio members of all committees. Either or both can/should be called upon to assist with decision-making if required.
The Grants and Sponsorship Committee must:
- Apply for, and pursue, grants that may assist the club to achieve its goals.
- Manage the club’s sponsorship to ensure
- All moneys are collected in a timely manner
- All lapsed sponsorship is dealt with appropriately
- Any sponsorship deals (sought or offered) are dealt with promptly.
- Maintain a register of sponsors and grant applications so that the club is not reliant on the memory or knowledge of individual members.
- Report any matter of interest or concern to the Board as soon as it becomes apparent.
- Obtain Board of Management approval for decisions that change/set club policy.
The Grants and Sponsorship Committee should:
- Keep informed of grant opportunities on an ongoing basis.
- Meet regularly with sponsors (but not necessarily with all at once) to ensure our relationship with them remains sound.
- Seek new sponsors as opportunities arise.
- Meet regularly to ensure plans continue to align with changing circumstances.
- Keep minutes of meetings held to determine club policy or direction.
In terms of administration, this committee must:
- Request assistance/action to be taken by the Board or Secretary in writing.
- Provide reports and/or advice to the Board of Management in writing (electronic or paper).
- Provide the Secretary with a copy of minutes, if kept, as soon as practicable.
- Provide the Secretary with copies (or originals) of incoming and outgoing correspondence as soon as practicable.