The Board of Management will establish, in accordance with the constitution, three match committees within the club.
- Club Match Committee – Responsible for all mixed bowls fixtures and mixed Club Championships.
- Women’s Match Committee – Responsible for women-only bowls fixtures and women-only Club Championships but not pennant selection.
- Men’s Match Committee – Responsible for men-only bowls fixtures and men-only Club Championships but not pennant selection.
In accordance with the constitution, the President and Secretary are ex-officio members of all committees. Either or both can/should be called upon to assist with decision-making if required.
Each match committee must:
- Enforce the club’s Conditions of Play.
- Amend Conditions of Play as and when required.
- Grade members in accordance with Conditions of Play at the time of each Club Championship draw.
- Ensure all Club Championship games are completed in a timely manner.
- Report any matter of interest or concern to the Board as soon as it becomes apparent.
- Obtain Board of Management approval for decisions that change/set club policy.
- Work in consultation with other match committees as appropriate.
Each match committee should:
- Liaise with the Social Committee (and other match committees) to establish a combined calendar of events for the year.
- Seek ways to encourage/improve participation in Club Championships.
- Meet regularly to ensure plans continue to align with changing circumstances.
- Keep minutes of meetings held to determine club policy or direction.
In terms of administration, each match committee must:
- Request assistance/action to be taken by the Board or Secretary in writing.
- Provide reports and/or advice to the Board of Management in writing (electronic or paper).
- Provide the Secretary with a copy of minutes, if kept, as soon as practicable.
- Provide the Secretary with copies (or originals) of incoming and outgoing correspondence as soon as practicable.