The members of the club will establish, by election in accordance with the constitution, three selection committees within the club. These committees should be, where possible, be made up of both A and B grade bowlers.
- Ladies Selection Committee – Responsible for women-only pennant selection.
- Men’s Selection Committee – Responsible for men-only pennant selection.
- Saturday Selection Committee – Formed by members of the women’s and men’s committee – responsible for all mixed pennant selection.
In accordance with the constitution, the President and Secretary are ex-officio members of all committees. Either or both can/should be called upon to assist with decision-making if required.
Each selection committee must:
- Select on merit.
- Select in accordance with BTS Conditions of Play for pennant competition.
- Ensure every eligible member has the opportunity to play in at least one pennant game per week.
- Report any matter of interest or concern to the Board as soon as it becomes apparent.
- Obtain Board of Management approval for decisions that change/set club policy.
- Work in consultation with other selection committees as appropriate.
Each selection committee should:
- Develop a method or methods of measuring the skill levels of members (metrics) wishing to play in pennant competitions.
- Conduct regular reviews of player metrics to ensure they remain up-to-date.
- Promote/demote between divisions based on merit and player metrics.
- Meet regularly to ensure plans continue to align with changing circumstances.
- Keep minutes of meetings held to determine club policy or direction.
In terms of administration, each selection committee must:
- Request assistance/action to be taken by the Board or Secretary in writing.
- Provide reports and/or advice to the Board of Management in writing (electronic or paper).
- Provide the Secretary with a copy of minutes, if kept, as soon as practicable.
- Provide the Secretary with copies (or originals) of incoming and outgoing correspondence as soon as practicable.