The Board of Management will establish, in accordance with the constitution, a Social Committee within the club. The Social Committee will, where possible, consist of at least two men and two women.
The Club Provedore will be chair of the Social Committee and the Club Hire Coordinator should be chosen from the members of the Social Committee.
Three duty statements define the roles and responsibilities of the Social Committee:
- Club Provedore
- Club Hire Coordinator
- Social Committee
In accordance with the constitution, the President and Secretary are ex-officio members of all committees. Either or both can/should be called upon to assist with decision-making if required.
The Social Committee must:
- Act in accordance with the duty statements mentioned above
- Amend duty statements as and when required
- Establish a combined calendar of events for the coming year by August of each year.
- Work in consultation with other committees as appropriate to ensure bowls events are properly catered/serviced.
- Report any matter of interest or concern to the Board as soon as it becomes apparent.
- Obtain Board of Management approval for decisions that change/set club policy.
The Social Committee should:
- Seek/recruit the voluntary support of other members, as needed, to assist with running a function or event.
- Meet regularly to ensure plans continue to align with changing circumstances.
- Keep minutes of meetings held to determine club policy or direction.
In terms of administration, the Social Committee must:
- Request assistance/action to be taken by the Board or Secretary in writing.
- Provide reports and/or advice to the Board of Management in writing (electronic or paper).
- Provide the Secretary with a copy of minutes, if kept, as soon as practicable.
- Provide the Secretary with copies (or originals) of incoming and outgoing correspondence as soon as practicable.
- Provide the Treasurer with original receipts/invoices as soon as practicable.